ISSUES AND OPPORTUNITIES
• Where the Crosstown is running along the surface, a key opportunity exists to green the median and define the street with a treed boulevard.
• Eglinton can provide a green public realm that continues seamlessly into the city’s ravines, connecting the Humber Valley with the Don Valley and beyond.
• Tree canopy size has a greater streetscape impact than quantity of trees planted.
• The space for available soil under the street is limited. It would be best using it to plant fewer big trees, rather than many small ones.
• Connections to existing open spaces should be enhanced and new opportunities for open space should be considered at station areas, within the future block pattern, and with new development.
Check out the final Issues and Opportunities theme by visiting the Travelling page.